Saturday, January 14, 2012

About day 75 out

So I'm close to finishing my 100 days post bone marrow transplant. Michele and I get to move back home next week. I'm very excited. It's been great having Rob and Donna (my in laws) along with Mish take care of me. But I really need to progress in this situation. I know I'm not done with this journey, but I need to start jumping some hurdles.

From a health standpoint, I have my last spinal tap on weds (which just so happens to be my birthday). I'm not sure when I get this chest catheter taken out, but I was told by my doctor I can snowboard with it attached. So my goal of snowboarding by march is not out the window. I've been working out everyday and am beginnng to get stronger and my appetite is back.

So what can I tell you? This hasn't been an easy journey. Lonely at times. But it's been a humbling journey nonetheless. I just started driving this week. Wow, have I missed that. Hell, I had my first coffee in 3 months on Thursday.

The things I've taken for granted over the years has really fallen into focus.

1 comment:

  1. Zach,
    Thank you so much for intimately sharing your journey with us. Your courage, strength and humor throughout this has been truly awe inspiring. We all knew you were a pretty great guy before this ordeal, but now, and I think I can speak for just about anyone whose has read your blog, you’ve become a super star. Congratulations on being an incredible survivor and continuing to kick ass as you tear your way through life!
    Happy early birthday.
    xoxo
    Jill (Saunders)

    ReplyDelete